Saturday, September 20, 2014

Duder Regional Park

After a week hiding in Auckland, via Walton, staying with sisters and having a rather interesting job interview, I am taking a few days out before my little ear operation and have ended up at the Auckland Regional Council’s Duder Regional Park. This is a 148 hectare coastal farm park that is located on the Whakakaiwhara Peninsula, which juts out into the Tamaki Strait. It sits between Clevedon and Maraetai. I believe that it has only recently been opened for camping and self contained overnighting. 

DSCF2259

It is a rather nice place with heaps of sheep and lambs at the moment. They are quite friendly as well.

DSCF2257

There are a couple of lovely walks around the peninsula and you can ride your mountain bike around one of them. So that may well be on the cards for tomorrow.

I wandered around towards the beach in the pouring rain to see how far I had to drag the kayak to get to the beach but have decided that I will need to go to Umupuia Beach to launch the kayak if the weather is nice enough over the next couple of days.

On the way as I climbed up from the beach track to the Farm Loop track, I came across a nest of what I believe are Plover eggs.

DSCF2247 

So the weather has fined up and I am sitting here in glorious sunshine as I update this blog, with my roast defrosting for dinner tomorrow night…..  yummy! Chicken and veges tonight. Must look for smoking chicken recipes now that I have the smoker.

Tomorrow I will do a bit of an update on the fly screens for those that are interested.

Safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment